The Weather Discovery Center Board of Directors has voted to reopen beginning June 25. However, our open days will change. We will be open Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays only from 10 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Following the CDC guidelines, below are our policies for the safety of you and of our staff. If you are planning a visit, please be sure to review them beforehand.
If you or someone close to you has a fever, cough , feels sick or has been in contact with someone who has or had COVID-19, please do not enter and plan your visit for another time.
We are following the CDC guidelines for disinfecting. Our exhibits and other public surfaces will be disinfected regularly.
In addition, the following policies are in affect:
· It is highly recommended that all visitors wear a mask during their visit. (Masks can be provided.)
· We ask you to use hand sanitizer that is available at the ticket window when you enter and leave the facility. Hand sanitizer is also available in the exhibit hall for your use.
· We ask that your group stay 6-feet apart from other visiting groups.
· If you would like to wear gloves, they can be provided.
· We will collect your name and telephone number when you check in for the purposes of contact tracing.
· Disinfecting wipes are available at each exhibit for your use before you interact with the exhibit and/or after, if you choose.
· Our Weather Emergency Shelter exhibit is limited to two people in the space at a time.
· In our theater, we ask that you keep one or two seats between non-related visitors and keep a row between others, if possible.
Thank you for your cooperation! We excited to be open again and for you to come enjoy our unique, interactive world of weather!