Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center is searching to fill the part-time position of Director of Education and Programming. This position handles all educational programming and school field trips for the center. The preferred candidate will have a background in education, earth science, or in a science center, and will be a creative, self-motivated and organized individual with good communication skills, including public presentations. Please see the full job advertisement below.
Part-time position as Director of Education & Programming
in an interactive educational science center.
- Plan and implement school field trips and activities
- Develop and implement special events and educational programs
- Promote school field trips and programming via suitable methods, including direct mail, social media and website.
- Act as a docent, when needed.
- Recruit and maintain a volunteer roster
- Assist Executive Director as needed
- Creative, self-motivated, organized individual
- Background in education, a science center or in the earth sciences field helpful.
- Good written and oral communication skills, including public presentations
- Working knowledge of computer software; including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and Publisher.
- Basic knowledge of web-site and social media functionality.
- Acts 33, 34 and 114 Clearances
Apply no later than June 5, 2019 to:
Punxsutawney Weather Discovery Center
Attention: Educator Position
201 N. Findley St.
Punxsutawney, PA 15767